My treatment approach is to help people find the best way to deal with stress, physical pain and weakness, and limited mobility. I draw on my varied 20 year background and training in internal martial arts, movement and dance training, Qi Gong, and Reiki. I find that people heal the best when they actively participate in their own care. This can take the form of a daily practice of movement, breathing or meditation, as well as a consistent exercise, strength training and stretching routine.
My goal is to help clients get the tools for a balanced lifestyle that can be maintained and enjoyed, so they get the most from their treatment plan. This includes encouraging adequate sleep, a healthy diet, and mental/emotional balance. My Master’s Thesis was on daily practice and creativity. I encourage clients to create a daily wellness practice, beyond the hour we spend together.
I currently specialize in ‘Holistic Personal Training’, which blends western strength training with eastern mind/body disciplines. The training includes simple, low-equipment workouts that can be adapted to the home environment, along with breathing, flexibility, and energy building activities. I also offer Post-Rehab injury rehabilitation for chronic problems or more recent injuries. I combine bodywork with Post-rehab exercise to bridge the gap between physical therapy and a normal workout regime.
I enjoy a wide range of physical activities including weight lifting/strength training, horseback riding, and biking. I’ve studied Tai chi, Qi Gong, and yoga , and now focus solely on energy work as it applies to health and longevity. I have a daily practice that involves all of the techniques I use to help my clients achieve wellness in their own lives. I enjoy doing digital photography and making mosaics and collages.
- B.A. Environmental Studies, 1993 Hamline University
- M.A. Liberal Studies, 2001 Hamline University
- Minnesota Center for Shiatsu Studies, 500 hours in 1996.
- Strong, Stretched and Centered, Maui, HI, 260 hours in 2003.
- A.O.B.T.A. Certified Asian Bodywork Therapist since 1997.
- A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer since February, 2004.
- A.C.E. Certified Health Coach since 2016.
- Certified Reiki Master since 2002.
- Certificate for Post-Rehab Exercise from (SS & C), Maui, HI, 2003.
- Certificate for Senior Fitness Training from (NIHS), MN, 2005.
Workshops and Training
- Magnets and Moxibustion Ohashiatsu Sooji Hand Therapy
- Sotai Therapy (a type of Chinese physical therapy)
- Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage)
- Qi Gong: Medical, Animal Frolics, Spring Forest, Tai Ji.
- Sports Nutrition workshop, 2008.
- Exercise Specialist Training, 2008